Best of the Blogosphere: Week of 8/11 - SWYN studies, Social Media Musts and More!
This week has been chock-full of great blog posts that will get you re-evaluating the expectations you set for subscribers, improving your social media responses, planning some fun and engaging holiday campaigns and winning some internal battles.
You'll finish reading these posts with plenty of new considerations for your marketing program - guaranteed!
1. Chad White explores the results of a recent SWYN vs FTAF (Share With Your Network versus Forward-to-a-Friend) study and makes his forecast for the future.
2. Setting and managing the right expectations for subscribers is fundamental to email marketing success. Loren McDonald outlines the different things you should make clear to keep subscribers happy, engaged and on the same page.
3. Looking for unique holiday campaign inspiration? Joanna Lawson-Matthew offers fantastic ideas for consideration.
4. If you're looking to boost the response of your social media efforts (and who isn't?), Stephanie Miller gives you some great suggestions to implement. I especially appreciate point #1!
5. Here are solid supporting points when you find yourself battling internally over list growth, send frequency and the tools you need to succeed. 6. Emily Chen of Lyris offers a helpful tutorial on how to tackle RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary) segmentation.
Email Marketing Strategist at Bronto
Don't miss a single post! Receive Email, Mobile, and Social strategy insights from the Bronto Blog by subscribing now!
Get new Bronto blog posts by email
About the Author
Kristen Gregory helps clients build relationships and boost revenue via detailed, business-specific strategic advice on all facets of their email marketing programs. She is a regular contributor to Bronto's best practice blog, speaks at industry conferences and has been featured in and/or mentioned on Chief Marketer, The Retail Email Blog, Email Marketing Reports, Shop.org and Marketing Profs Get to the Point Email Marketing.
Kristen has multichannel marketing experience within the healthcare and publishing industries, with more than 5 years concentrating on email alone. In her spare time, Kristen is a volunteer doula and works on Bronto's Community Committee to serve the local Durham area.