Sending Welcome Messages VIA Webforms
When creating an Add Contacts Webform, you can adjust the settings for the Webform to automatically send a welcome message when a contact uses the form.
To setup an automatic welcome message via an Add Contacts Webform:
- Go to Content->Webforms.
- Create a new, or edit an existing Add Contacts Webform.
- From the Edit Webform page, click Form Settings.
- Scroll down to the Add Contact Settings section.
- From the Welcome Message Behavior pull-down menu, choose Send a message to anyone who uses this form.
- Choose a message to send from the Message To Send pull-down menu.
- Add a From Name and From Address for the welcome message being sent.
- Click Done.
Sending Welcome Messages VIA An Automated Message Rule
With automated message rules, you can specify a rule that will send out a welcome message when a contact performs a specific behavior.
To setup an automated message rule that will automatically send a welcome message:
If you need any additional help with the concepts covered in this post, here is a list of some related posts that can help:
- Go to Messages->Automated Message Rules.
- Click Create.
- Specify a name for the automated message rule in the Name text box.
- Choose Behaviorally Targeted as the automated message rule type.
- Select the related message in the Type Settings section
- From the Mail Contacts Who pull-down menu, choose Converted. For this example, we will assume that the action that triggers the automated message rule to send is a conversion. In this case, the conversion is contacts signing up to receive messages from you via the related message you choose in the previous step. Remember, a conversion does not have to be a strictly monetary concept. They can also involve actions being performed, such as downloading a white paper or signing up to receive emails. NOTE – This example also assumes that you have setup conversion tracking for the action you want to track.
- Click Next Step.
- Specify the From Name, From Address, and Reply Address.
- Choose the message that will be sent when the automated message rule is triggered (i.e. in this case, when the conversion is made). You will want to choose a welcome message.
- Specify the Timing Options for the automated message rule.
- Click Verify Settings. Optionally you can click Advanced and setup options like an Expiration Date, Delivery Rate, and Ineligible/Eligible Recipients.
- Review all the selections you made. Click Save As Draft to save the automated message rule but not activate it. Click Save And Activate to save and activate the automated message rule.
- Dynamically Adding Values To Conversion Tracking URLs
- Creating an Automated Birthday Message
- Creating New Webforms
Technical Writer/eLearning Specialist
Editor of Brontoversity