So here's a question we've come across: Why use the Multi-Brand Edition when I can simply use multiple lists to handle multiple brands? After all, contacts can use their preferences to essentially opt-in or out of lists, right?
While this may seem like a good idea, there are definite drawbacks to keep in mind:
- When a contact unsubscribes from an email, they are unsubscribed from ALL lists. This means that if you have a list per brand, that contact just unsubscribed from ALL brands.
- Each Bronto account can only have one private domain. If you're trying to match the domain to the brand, you'll have to choose a private domain that will work for all of the brands you're marketing.
- Each Bronto account can only have one dedicated IP for promotional messages. This means the reputation would be shared across all brands.
The Multi-Brand Edition also provides:
- The option for one dedicated IP per subaccount/brand
- The ability for each subaccount/brand to have its independent sender rating
- Additional reporting that allows the comparison of metrics such as Opens, Conversions, and Sender Ratings across subaccounts/brands
These are just a few things to keep in mind when managing multiple brands within Bronto.
That's it for now!
Damian Trzebunia (Che-boon-ya)
Product Marketing Manager