Host: Greg Zakowicz, Senior Commerce Marketing Analyst, Oracle Bronto
Guest: Gregg Shupe, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, ChannelAdvisor
When you think of marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart, and eBay, do you think friend, foe, or frenemy? Selling on marketplaces is no longer as easy as throwing up a product listing and watching it sell. In today’s competitive environment, it takes consideration at every step of the process, from marketing and selling to fulfillment.
In this episode of The Commerce Marketer Podcast, you get two Gregs for the price of one. Whether you’re just starting out or have a full-fledged marketplace operation, my guest today knows it all. I sat down with Gregg Shupe, Senior Product Marketing Manager at ChannelAdvisor, where we discussed how to begin and improve selling on marketplaces, what makes a good product listing, product reviews, and the pros and cons of different fulfillment options.
You’ll hear about:
- How to choose which marketplaces are right for you.
- Too much or too little? What makes for a good product description?
- How critical is advertising spend to success on marketplaces?
- Factors to consider with setting the right price for your product.
- How much free shipping actually affects customer purchases.
- Which criteria to look at when determining if FBA is right for you.
And stay tuned for the next installment of The Commerce Marketer Podcast. In the meantime, subscribe to our series via Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play or many other places where you listen to podcasts.