Some ideas for how to use this feature…
- Test different messages in workflows
- Test a single message vs. a message series
- Test the delay between messages (e.g., create one path with a 1-day delay and another with a 2-day delay)
- Test the time sent (e.g., one path sends in 3 days and another path sends in 3 days, but waits until 10 AM)
- Send a message with a discount to a percentage of customers and no discount to the rest
Things to know...
- The total for all paths MUST equal 100%; you can save the workflow, but you can’t activate it until the values equal 100%
- Setting a path to 0% effectively disables that path and prevents any contacts from progressing down that path
- The contacts are sent down these paths in random order; this means that initially you may not see an even distribution based on the defined percentages, but as more contacts are processed, the distribution will more closely reflect the defined percentages
On a slightly random, but related note, Workflow Automation now includes a search box to help you quickly find the workflow you need. How will the new Random filter help you? Let us know by posting a comment below.
Damian Trzebunia (Che-BOON-ya)
Product Marketing Manager