- Email address or contactID can now be passed in, allowing the order to be associated with a contact and made available for segmentation even when no cookie exists. If the contact does not exist, a new transactional contact will be created.
- Also, contact information is taken in the following order of preference: ContactID, email address, then cookie information. This means the ContactID will be used before email or cookie info. If no ContactID, email is used. If no email, the cookie is used.
- For more info, navigate to Home -> Settings -> Data Exchange -> Conversion Tracking, or click here for Help docs. To tie this back to the broader topic of Order Import, you now have 3 options for importing past-purchase information into Bronto:
- Bronto API - Use the addOrUpdateOrders and deleteOrders API calls
- Order Upload - Rely on our Professional Services team to work with you and come up with the best implementation approach involving FTP (File Transfer Protocol), and either Direct Import or the Bronto API. Click here for more info.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013