- Export New Report metrics by delivery, message, list, segment or your entire site, instantly or on a specific date in the future.
- Filter your report export by currency and date range.
- Include all device-level metrics in your report.
- Set your report to run at recurring dates, including data from rolling timeframes.
- Manage all your reports in one place.
All-New Settings to Slice and Dice Your DataWith New Reports, there’s a lot more data and filtering that can be applied to your metrics, so we’ve accounted for all of it to reflect in your exported reports. You can now set the currency and date range for your report, including the ability to add a rolling range such as Last Week (keep this in mind for later). Based on the type of report you’re exporting, you have a few different options. For instance, if you’re exporting a Delivery Report, you’re going to be limited to metrics at the delivery level, which we call a Delivery Summary. With a Message Report, however, you can opt to export a roll-up of metrics at the message level (Message Summary). Since a message can have multiple deliveries, however, you also can export a Delivery Summary of the respective Message Report, which breaks each delivery out individually. This becomes even more powerful in reports such as the Email Performance Report, where you can choose between Delivery, Message or your entire account aggregate (Email Performance Summary) to get a complete overview of your email performance in Bronto. Finally, you can choose from basic CSV or Excel (XLSX) format options as well.
Easy on the EyesWe also flipped the script on our previous spreadsheet design – literally. Now, each metric is its own column with deliveries, messages and other levels of reporting represented as rows. This allows for a more natural layout with enhanced readability, which comes in handy now that there’s up to 4x as much data when device-level metrics are included.
Set It. Forget It.It sure would be nice if you could get a report emailed to you each week or each month to see how your messages and campaigns are performing, wouldn’t it? Well, now you can. The Scheduling tab lets you schedule a report to run at a specific date and time in the future and includes options for the report to run daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. Whenever you want your data, you can get it.
[gallery link="none" size="medium" ids="8094,8095,8096"]In addition (here’s where that tip from earlier comes in), you can set the Date Range to align with the rolling timeframe you want to track. So, you can simply set up a report to pull data for Last Week and repeat every Monday, or set it for Last Month and pull it on the first of the month. When the reports are ready to download, you’re immediately notified via email in addition to receiving a notification in the Bronto notification menu above the main navigation. Set it, forget it, let the reports roll in and bask in your success (or identify next steps to optimize your campaign going forward).
Download AwayIn addition to a brand-new report export system, there’s also a new area for you to manage your downloads. To get there, simply click Reports in the main navigation and then choose Downloads. The link in your report export email notifications will also take you there. Scheduled reports are displayed in the top grid with completed reports on the bottom. To download a report, simply click the file name. You can also delete any report by selecting the ones you no longer want and then clicking the trash can icon in the top right of the grid. Some quick notes on the new Downloads page:
- You can schedule up to 10 reports simultaneously.
- For any report downloads that aren’t New Reports, the old Downloads page is still accessible via Legacy Downloads and remains unchanged.
- New Reports are available for customers on Bronto’s Order Service. If you’re using Advanced Conversions to pull order data through Bronto, contact your Account Manager to plan a pathway to Order Service so you can take advantage of these and other awesome features.