The focus of this blog post is Order Import for Demandware, which is part of Bronto's Demandware LINK cartridge, available for download through Demandware's LINK Marketplace.
Tune in next week for a post on Order Import for ATG.
ORDER IMPORT for DEMANDWARE
The main feature of Bronto's Demandware LINK cartridge is Order Import. There are three specific capabilities to mention here:
- Order Import - To run effective lifecycle marketing campaigns such as VIP/loyalty, lapsed purchase and post-purchase, and to drive return purchasers, you need visibility into all orders, regardless of source. Bronto imports ALL order types from Demandware, including orders attributed to email, as well as orders coming from other sources (i.e., purchases made directly on the website or in a physical store).
Once your orders are in Bronto, you can see what each contact purchased (both email and non-email orders; the ones attributed to email are marked by email-related icons).
NOTE: You can import past purchases from Demandware with the addOrUpdateOrders API call and have the complete order history available in Bronto.
- Product Segments - You can create segments based on the specific product attributes we import as part of the order data, including Product Name, Category and Description.
- RFM Analysis - Once order data is imported, Bronto automatically calculates RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary Value) values for contacts, such as Average Order Value and Total Revenue, based on their order history, and populates contact fields, making it very easy to segment on this data. This kind of insight is not available within Demandware.
Here are the 6 RFM values we calculate for segmentation.
SMARTER LIFECYCLE MARKETING
The abovementioned Order Import capabilities help you create smarter lifecycle marketing campaigns. For example:
- Post-Purchase Series - You can segment contacts by the products they purchased, taking into account all orders, including email conversions (orders attributed to email), as well as purchases made directly on your website or in a physical store (not attributed to email) and create messages promoting product care information and tips, upgrades, accessories and related items for cross- and up-sell.
- Lapsed Purchase Series - You can use the Last Order Date RFM field to build a segment for lapsed purchasers, and create a win-back campaign, complete with an incentive or a coupon. You can review the complete purchase history (all orders), alongside email inactivity, to determine who qualifies for a re-engagement or list-cleaning campaign.
- VIP & Loyalty Programs - You can use past purchase and RFM data, specifically the Total Revenue and Average Order Value RFM fields, to identify your VIP customers and offer them rewards and special opportunities. Again, you can take into account the full purchase history (all orders) and get a complete picture of a customer to determine if they qualify for VIP status.
What else is included with Bronto’s Demandware LINK cartridge?
- Contact Opt-In - Contacts who opt-in on your Demandware website are added to Bronto automatically. It's an efficient way to grow your opt-in database for remarketing.
- Real-Time Contact Updates - Data fields such as customer name and birthday, and Active Data fields, such as website visits over time, can be updated automatically in Bronto for richer segmentation and more targeted messages.
- Transactional Messages - Order confirmation emails can be sent through Bronto, which gives you control over deliverability and lets you track detailed performance metrics. Also, you can easily change the look and feel of your message, and add cross- and up-sell offers, without having to involve your developer.
How are you using, or planning to use, Order Import for Demandware? Let us know in the Comments section of this blog post.
Damian Trzebunia (Che-BOON-ya)
Product Marketing Manager