- How much “cultural fit” plays into hiring new team members.
- Ways to empower individuals to take on more ownership.
- The biggest challenge for online retailers today.
- How to handle professional development within a smaller team.
- What Celine Dion has to do with interviewing.
The Commerce Marketer Podcast: Managing an Ecommerce Digital Marketing Team
Senior Commerce Marketing Analyst
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Host: Greg Zakowicz, Senior Commerce Marketing Analyst, Oracle + Bronto Guest: Ryan Dobrin, Director of Marketing, Sylvane.com Topic: Managing an Ecommerce Digital Marketing Team For many ecommerce retailers, managing an in-house digital team can be challenging. An effective manager must continually motivate employees, provide productive feedback and encourage professional development, all while holding the team accountable for both individual and company-wide goals. To learn more about these challenges and how to overcome them, I sat down with Ryan Dobrin, Director of Marketing at Sylvane.com. Among other things, he shared how his digital marketing team is structured, the importance of maintaining your company culture, and how he balances organizational and individual growth and goals with day-to-day responsibilities. In this episode of The Commerce Marketer Podcast, we discuss: