As a leading email marketing platform for retailers, it’s no surprise that the Bronto Marketing Platform processes a staggering amount of order data every day. This order data informs how we calculate Recency, Frequency, and Monetary metrics, update segments and workflows, and determine product recommendations. Today, Bronto has multiple methods for accepting order data. When the data comes in, it’s stored in one of two backend database systems: the original Legacy Conversion Tracking or the new (and preferred) Order Service. Over the past year, current Bronto customers have been transitioning from Legacy Conversion Tracking to Order Service. New customers automatically start with Order Service. If you're not on Order Service, making the switch will help you unlock the potential of your order data to create sophisticated, data-driven marketing programs that are personalized, dynamic, and, most importantly, revenue-generating. How Do I Know if I’m Using Order Service?
If you signed up with Bronto within the last year, you are likely already on Order Service, but there are a couple ways to check:
Unlock Advanced Reporting and Workflow Capabilities
- If you see the Reports button (as opposed to Reporting) on the top navigation bar in the Bronto Marketing Platform, you’re on Order Service.
- If the “Order Is Added” and “Order Is Shipped” nodes are available in workflows, you’re on Order Service.
We recently made New Reports and Campaigns available to all customers on Order Service. These new features expand your marketing toolkit with a comprehensive, customizable set of email metrics at every level and even more ways to gain quick, actionable insights about your email wins and opportunities. We’ve introduced brand-new Segment and List reports, multi-currency filtering, and industry-leading heat maps that provide a visual representation of how customers are engaging with your emails. The new Campaigns functionality gives you the power to organize, track, and manage your Bronto messages based on your real-world marketing campaigns. Additionally, Order Service provides you increased functionality for workflows:
- Order is Added trigger node starts a workflow when a contact completes an order and is useful for sending post-purchase messages.
- Order is Shipped trigger node begins a workflow when an order is updated to “shipped” to notify a contact that the order has shipped or send a follow up message after they have received an order.
- Order Field Comparison workflow filter allows you to send contacts an email or to move contacts onto a specific list (e.g. wholesale vs. retail, discount shoppers, transact in a specific currency) based on the contact’s order information.
- Order Line Item Comparison workflow filter is useful to check if an order contains a particular item or category and/or not another, allowing you to setup timely post-purchase upsell campaigns on specific items or categories.
Order Service allows you to capture additional order information (e.g. shipping and discount details) and update Recency, Frequency, and Monetary metrics, such as date of first and last order, average order value, and total order value, in near real-time. In a nutshell, Order Service offers you greater functionality than Legacy Conversion Tracking. Drive Revenue With Recommendations
As we continue to add features to the platform, all new functionality will be built upon Order Service. For example, Recommendations Premium
and Recommendations Web
, two of our newest apps, are only available to customers on Order Service. With Recommendations Premium, you can choose from a variety of predictive models and set unique business rules to recommend products that make sense for both your customers and your bottom line. You can also exclude products that the customer has previously ordered and prioritize products based on price, customer rating, and other criteria. Recommendations Web, an extension of our email-based recommendations, allows you to easily and quickly add dynamic, personalized product recommendations anywhere on your website and automate results based on real-time browse and order behaviors. You can also minimize having to update code on your website when rules or designs change by using the same set of recommendations on multiple pages. For more information on these apps, reach out to your Account Manager. How Do I Switch to Order Service if I’m Not on it? Moving to Order Service